Saturday, May 26, 2007
Organ Donation?

I always wanted to be an organ donor. I always think that why dont we just donate our organs and give others a chance to live since we're goin to die. Isn't it such a waste to let our organs rot in the coffin or just cremated in the crematorium? Instead, we can give other patients who are desperately in need of certain organs to carry on with their lives.

However, I came across this website the other day. Organ donor application form.


I hesitated! I hesitated n stared at the form for 5 min. Why? Perhaps I'm afraid. I am afraid of losing my organs, but I wanted to be an organ donor since I'm young. Then, sumthing strike my mind. Remember about a case where a student (if I'm mistaken) who donated all his body parts not long ago? Every parts of our body can donated. To be precise, it should be called tissue & organ donation. Not only major organs like kidney, liver, heart, etc. can be donated, some of the tissues like skin, bone marrow and others are eqaully useful for different patients suffering from various illness.

What's the main purpose of pursuing a MBBS degree? To carry the "Dr." in front of our name? Or to save lives? So, I chose this path, I wanna help others, I wanna give others a better quality of lives, and i wanna do this even after I'm dead! So, I have decided! I'm gonna sign up as an organ donor as soon as I'm back in Msia.

So, what about you?

Organ Donor Gonnabe,
~FuYew~


FuYew wrote on 2:08 PM.